I am sure it is for you, and since I don’t like wasting money, I started to plan my menu for all of September.
There are three reasons, why I would suggest Menu Planning, and they are pretty simple and compelling reasons.
Why Menu Plan?
- Money – My major reason for menu planning is freeing up money! I have better things to spend money on, then running to the grocery store, every week to pick up that xxx, because you know, as well as I do, why you are at the grocery store, you might as well, pick up yyyy, even though you were only there for xxx. And, I promise you that if you added up all of these y purchases up, you would be shocked at the cost of all of these misc. purchases.
- Stocking Up – This means that the more you buy, the less you spend. Hence, trips to Cosco, BJ’s and Sam’s Club, now benefit me and my wallet.
- Time Savings– Has anyone besides me, ever sat down on Saturday or Sunday morning to find out what, I should be making for the week, (Times that by four weeks, and you are saving a lof ot time) . I will be I’m writing up the whole menu, in one sitting, so I will save time. Then I will head out for ONE shopping trip, now grant you, I will still have to hit the produce market for the perishable items. But, the rest of the food can be purchased in ONE trip.
- Healthier Eating-Even if the above reasons didn’t compel you to change the way you menu plan, I would say that menu planning allows my family to eat healthier. Since, I have a plan of making meals from scratch, it really elimates the purchase of processed foods. And, if also takes out the quick bite at the fast food restaurants, as I have no idea what I am making.
- Variety-Since, I am spending less time at the grocery store, it allows me to try new recipes.
- Kids Partipication-I give my kids cookbooks at the beginning of each month, and I ask them to pick out a few recipes, that they would like to try, and I schedule that on the calendar, as it’s Ethan’s Night or Jason’s Night, or even Family Project (Stuffed Bagels with Cream Cheese Anyone?)