Note: This post may contain affiliate links
This is a great go-to recipe for hot chocolate, it’s easy, great for parties and great to keep warming all day.
Now that fall is upon us (did I just admit that), my kids wake up looking for something to drink, something warm, since I usually wake up before them, I usually start this, while I am brewing my coffee. It’s an easy recipe, with only a few ingredients.
- 1.5 cups heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 6 cups milk
- 1 to 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups of milk chocolate chips
- In the slower cooker combine the whipping cream, milk, vanilla, and chocolate chips.
- Stir all together (this will prevent clumping)
- Cover and cook on low for 2 hours, stirring off and on with whisk, until mixture is hot and chocolate chips are melted. (Hint-it will look like hot chocolate)
- Once it is heated through and chocolate is melted, switch the slow cooker to the warm setting. You can leave it on warm setting for a while, just continue to stir,
- Use your imagination to garnish, we used whipped cream, mini marshmallows and chocolate curls.