Note: This post may contain affiliate links
This is my son’s favorite recipe. It’s the one thing that he loves to eat and it’s very easy to freeze, which is great, if you want to make a double batch on the weekend. And have one in your freezer, as as a go to meal. And, I have to admit that making a Chicken Pot Pie from scratch, isn’t really something that excites me. I mean rolling the dough, is hard work, after working all day. So, this is my go to recipe.
It’s rather easy and it’s smells absolutely wonderful in the crockpot.
- 1 pound of raw boneless chicken breasts (remove the grizzle)
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 4 celery stalks finely chopped
- 2 (10.5-ounce) cans of cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk (I used 2%)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables (MUST BE THAWED)
- 1 can of Jumbo Biscuits (These work best)
- Place the raw, but trimmed and cleaned, chicken breasts in a slow cooker.
- On top of the chicken add the onion and celery.
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken soup, milk, garlic powder, thyme, salt and pepper and whisk until mixed well. Pour the mixture into the slow cooker.(Try to coat the chicken, so it has moisture throughout the cooking process)
- Cover and cook on high heat for 4 hours or on low heat for 8 hours.
- About 30 minutes before serving, open up the slow cooker/crockpot and using a fork, start breaking up the chicken. Then stir in the thawed vegetables Cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the biscuits.
- And Enjoy!