These are my kids favorite snack, we eat them every year, while we watch the Grinch. Best of all they are easy, quick and hardly any clean up (can you ask for a better movie snack). They are also great to bring to someone’s house, during the holidays.
- 1 cup lime green candy melts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- 10 marshmallows
- 10 lollipop sticks
- 10 heart candy (I found them in the cooking aisle at AC Moore)
- In a cup (I used a mason jar, so I could dip it right in, and the kids could help) add the candy melts and the shortening.
- Microwave for 1 minute on 50% power.
- Stir well, if it is not mixed, add another 15 seconds at 50%, and continue until well blended and mixed.
- Meanwhile, place the marshmallows on the sticks (my kids loved doing this)
- Dip the marshmallow into the well blended candy mixture.
- Smooth it out (I used the back of the knife)
- Then add the candy melt.
- Let harden and enjoy!