Note: Affiliate links are included in this post
I LOVE this recipe. This is a great one to pin for the fall. There is nothing better than giving your child, nice fresh and pure applesauce. I want you to try this, if you have never made homemade applesauce, you OWE it to yourself to try it.
Now, I have made applesauce and canned it for years, as has my mother and my grandmothers, but this method rocks it away, by light years.
This is a very simple applesauce recipe,
- 12-14 peeled and diced apples
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1 to 2 tablespoon of honey
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup water
- Peel and chopped apples, after you are done place them in your instant pot.
- Add the butter, cinnamon, honey, lemon juice, salt and water into the instant pot.
- Mix together, then place the lid back on.
- Using the manual button, set the timer to 3.
- Let it pressurize, then let it slow release (it will take about 12 to 15 minutes)
- When it's cool enough, put the apples into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- And enjoy!