This is a very tasty sandwich for dinner or the kid’s lunches (it’s my son’s favorite).
You only need a few ingredients to get a homemade Reuben. I made mine in my cast-iron skillet, which I think gives it a nice crust, on the sandwich.
I hope you and yours enjoy!
- 1 cup of Russian dressing
- 12 pieces of Rye bread slices
- 12 pieces of Swiss cheese
- 1 cup of sauerkraut (drained)
- 1/2 pound of shaved corned beef
- 1/3 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup of butter
- Spread the Russian dressing over 1 side of the bread slices (you are making 6 sandwiches)
- Then place a piece of cheese over the dressing, then the corned beef, then another piece of cheese.
- Spread the mayonnaise on 1 side of the other 6 pieces of bread. Then place the mayo side down, onto the cheese.
- Spread both sides with butter.
- Head the cast iron skillet over medium heat, then cook the sandwiches, about 2 minutes each side, until they are golden brown.
- Cut in half and enjoy!