Note: Affiliate links are included in this post
These are awesome, I think it might be the best dessert, they combine a lot of my families favorites:
C. Something Crunchy
D. I don’t have to cook them.
I have fond memories of my mother making these for Easter, so when I had children, I wanted to pass on the tradition.
My youngest LOVES to help me make these, they are so easy, because you don’t have to cook them. What can be easier?
- 1 cup of milk chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
- 2 cups of crunchy chow mein noodles (in a can, near the prepared Chinese food in the grocery store)
- jelly beans or candy eggs for the middle of the nest
- In a small microwavable bowl put the chocolate chips and vegetable oil, blend together.
- Set your microwave timer for 1 minute on cook.
- Stop it every 15 seconds and stir.
- Remove the bowl and stir, then
- add the chow mein noodles and mix very well together, until the chocolate is covering all of the noodles
- Spoon the mixture into four piles (on a waxed paper, sprayed with cooking spray
- Try to mold them into something looking like birds nest. Use your artistic impressions for this,
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour until they are set.
- Fill the nest with candy eggs.