This is an amazingly easy recipe. Like with most recipes, I played with it for a while, until I really got a taste and quality that I would feel comfortable posting. I do not look to share recipes that aren’t things I would make again. Which, on the other hand, makes it hard to experiment, because my sons are always asking me to make the Minestrone Soup or Sesame Chicken again and again.
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon of garlic (peeled and crushed)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 pound of boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can of black beans
- 1 cup of uncooked rice
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- Optional Garnishes: Fresh spices (cilantro and/or parsley), shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, guacamole and another other toppings.
- Place the butter into the Instant Pot.
- Press the saute button and head up the butter, then add the onion and cook until it is soft.
- Add the garlic and the salt, mix well.
- Then add the chicken, black beans, rice, and salsa. Mix well
- Then pour chicken broth in. .
- Lock the lid in place. Set a 10-minute cook time on high pressure.
- Once the cook time completes, quickly release the pressure.
- Let it cool a bit, and then spoon into bowls, serve with the garnishes (if you are serving them with it)
- And Enjoy!