Note: Affiliate links are included in this post
These are one of my biggest hits with my kids, I usually serve it with a salad, for an easy and delicious meal.
- 2 tablespoons of breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon of parsley
- 1 tablespoon of chives
- 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 large egg
- 8 ounces of crabmeat
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 2 teaspoons of oil (any kind, I used canola)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the bread crumbs, parsley, chives, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, pepper and egg, mix well.
- Then stir in the crab, combine.
- Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes, to let them firm up.
- The shape the patties (I was able to get 4 good size ones)
- In your cast iron skillet, add the olive oil, coat the entire bottom of the pan. Then add the patties, cook on each side at least 5 minutes, or until the crab cakes are golden brown.