Note: Affiliate links may appear below
This summer, we are taking a tour and finding the best FREE items (lesson plans/videos/worksheets, anything that is a resource) and today we are looking at FREE online courses.
And don’t forget to sign up for the newsletter, word of warning though, you will NOT get any emails, until you click the link you get back in your inbox, saying you opt into getting emails.
Field trips are a great benefit of homeschooling. Finding new places to explore is a snap if you know what website to look on, here are a few of my favorite.
- Association of Zoos and Aquariums-Directory of zoos, aquarium and wildlife places in the United States.
- Botanical Gardens-Listing of public gardens in the United States
- Field Trip Factory-Just enter your zip code, and the computer will generate a listing of field trips in the area.
- Hip Homeschool Moms-Listing by state
- Homeschool Buyer’s Co-op-Listing of homeschool field trips by state.
- Homeschool Mom-Click your state and a list of possible field trips will appear.
- National Park Service-Locate National Parks in your area, state or plan a great field trip.
- National Register of Historic Places-List of Historic Places in your area, search by state.
- National Recreation Trail-Search for hikes in your area, just type in your zip code
- United States Forest Service-Search for a forest in your area, just choose your state, and it will bring you a menu of choices to explore.
Other Great Resources for gathering information on homeschool field trips.