Note: Affiliate links are included in this post
Growing up, my mom made all of her own cleaning products. When I got married, we were living in an apartment, so I didn’t start making it until I had children and was washing nonstop. Because seriously I think the washer was running 24×7 when I had two little ones.
This will save you a ton of money and it doesn’t’ take that much time.
- 1 bar of Fels-Naptha or just Ivory Soap
- 1 cup of borax
- 1 cup of washing soda
- The first thing to do is to shave the bar.
- I use a coffee grinder, because it's cheap enough to dedicate one to laundry soap. And, I don't ahve to worry about cleaning out my food processor, which is another way to shave it.
- Once you have it shaved, just blend everything together. I use my mop bucket.
- Store in a sealed container and use about 2 tablespoons per wash.