This is one of my kid’s favorite summertime recipe. I have been eating it since I was a child and my grandmother made it in her North End (Boston)
home. It has all the summer flavors, just exploding in your mouth.
I hope you and yours enjoy it.
- 1 1/2 cups of crushed vanilla wafers
- 1/3 cup of melted butter
- 8 ounces of room temperature cream cheese
- 2/3 cup of confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 cup of whipped heavy cream
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 3 or 4 cups of fresh raspberries
- In a large mixer, combine the wafers and melted butter. Mix well. The press the mixture onto the bottom of a pie plate, greased with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the filling ingredients (about 2 cups of the raspberries) and mix well. Pour it into the prepared crust.
- To make the topping, grab a small saucepan, combine the ingredients and bring to a boil. Cook until thickened. Pour it into a small mixing bowl and place into the refrigerator, until cooled. About 2 hours.
- Then pour the topping onto the piecrust and filling, then garnish with the raspberries.