Note: Affiliate links are included in this post
With fall coming, I turned my attention tonight to soups. Now, I’m a Boston gal, and I have grown up with New England Clam Chowder, and this is my Instant Pot version of a classic one.
Here are some other great Instant Pot soup recipes, if you have been looking for some easy ones.
If you like simple recipes, because I’m all about the simple recipes, follow us at:
- 3 pieces of bacon
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 1 stalk of celery, peeled and diced
- 2 cups of clam juice
- 3-4 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 pound of clam meat
- 1 cup of cream
- 2 cups of water
- Spices: 1 bay leaf, 1 teaspoon of thyme, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper
- At the bacon to the Instant Pot, and press the saute button, cook, until done.
- Then add the onion and celery and cook until they are both soft. (about 4 minutes)
- Then add the clam juice, potatoes, and spices.
- Mix well, then add in the water, and mix well.
- Set the manual high pressure for 5 minutes, with the vent sealed.
- Let it naturally release, and then add in the clams, saute for another 5 minutes, which will cook the clams. Mix in the cream and continue to saute, until the soup is hot.