Note: Affiliate links are included in this post
This is one of my favorite things to wake up in the morning, my kids literally can smell the toasted oats and come running in. It’s is so effortless, and warm and comforting all at the same time.
This makes for a very easy, healthy and hearty breakfast, especially in the winter months. It’s also a great addition in the summer months when all of the fruit is available fresh.
Oatmeal, was something that I used to order only out before I got my Instant Pot because seriously, who knew how to cook them, so they were actually good?
Now, that I have my Instant Pot, I’m all set to create some wonderful, healthy and delicious breakfast.
Add the steel cut oatmeal to your pot.
Then add the butter, and press the saute’button, and “toast the oats”
Then add the water and milk, and apricots, mix well
Things Used In This Recipe:
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 cup of steel cut oats
- 1½ cups of water
- 1½ cups of dried apricots
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Place the butter and steel cut oats into the Instant Pot and then press saute'.
- This gives the oats, a nice toasty flavor, you will have a wonderful smell in your kitchen.
- Toast for a couple of minutes, then add the water, milk, and apricots, mix well.
- Then place your lid on the Instant Pot, making sure the vent is sealed.
- Select manual high pressure and set it for 3 minutes
- When it is completed, let it natural release.
- When the pressure is completely released, open the Instant Pot, stir a couple of times,
- Serve it garnished with extra brown sugar, cinnamon or ginger